We desperately need people to show up Monday, Feb. 20, 3:30pm Room 1214.
Please call and email Republican Senator Heidi Gansert 775-684-1419 Heidi.Gansert@sen.state.nv.us Let her know you are a Republican. She is a member of the Committee Senate Legislative Operations & Elections.
Message: Please Vote NO on SJR2 the so-called Equal Right Amendment. Don’t give the Democrats an easy victory. ERA will take away Social Security benefits of wives, widows, mothers and grandmothers which are based on their husbands earnings. (Or write your own message)
Share your opinion: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/79th2017/A /
HEARING: Mon, Feb 20, 3:30pmSenate Legislative Operation & Elections Committee, Rm. 2144 Las Vegas 4412 of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building, 555 E. Washington Ave
Equal Rights Amendment:
- Will transfer from the State Legislatures to the Federal Government all laws governing marriage, divorce, family property law, adoptions, abortions, alimony, some criminal laws, public and private schools, prison regulations, and insurance rates.
- Senator Sam Ervin said,” If this Equal Rights Amendment is adopted, it will virtually reduce the States of this Nation to meaningless zeroes on the Nation’s map.”
- Will put same-sex marriage and abortion into the US Constitution.
- Will require taxpayer funding of abortions.
- Will apply the draft registration law to 18-26 year-old women and serving in combat just like men.
- How will the US Supreme Court define “on account of sex”?
- ERA will take away Social Security benefits of wives, widows, mothers and grandmothers which are based on their husbands earnings.