Check out @MarcusBrutus_’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/MarcusBrutus_/status/912697050659090476?s=09
Check out @masspolitica’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/masspolitica/status/912789962461990912?s=09
Trump Says Venezuela Is A Disaster Because Socialism Has Been ‘Faithfully Implemented’
Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL) is not meeting the 2nd Wednesday of September (September 13). So we will meet again on Wednesday, September 27.
PUC Consumer Session, Thursday, Sept 14, 6:00 pm, 1001 E. 9th (9th & Wells), Bldg. A in the County Commission Chambers
This Consumer Session is the ONLY time the PUC is required by law to provide transcripts to the Legislature. Otherwise, the body that governs the PUC never knows that we’re even a little upset. And there is plenty to be upset about.
But there’s still plenty going on…
MUST READ…IMPACTS ALL NEVADANS!
We, here in the northern part of the state just had our NVE rates adjusted recently. But the PUC has said they can file FOR ANOTHER RATE INCREASE IN JANUARY… so we are not out of the woods.
Perhaps you thought solar was going to reduce your bills! Hah! The Legislators never ASKED for the cost of all these solar/renewable bills coming before them in Cartoon City. Two Dems from Las Vegas (Spearman and Brooks) dominated the information going out in order to gain support.
One of our PUC champions, Fred Voltz from Carson was ALWAYS asking how much is it going to cost on pretty much everything the PUC or NVE was putting forth. But apparently, “you have to pass it in order to know what the cost will be.”
June 2017- NVE asked for no increase
August 2017-PUC addresses AB405- forces NVE to increase rates…about $4/mo
SEPTEMBER 2017- proposed rate going up from $12.75 to $21.00, to help pay for ALL THE SUBSIDIES for cheaper solar for solar customers!
There are THREE more bills the PUC is looking at…plan to see this proposed amount go up even more!
IF you have NO PROBLEM with your bill going up MORE stay home, otherwise, show up and let the PUC KNOW on THURSDAY! Otherwise, don’t bitch about all the increases.
NV Energy (Nevada Power Company d/b/a as NV Energy) has filed an application with the PUCN to revise general rates charged to certain classes of electric customers. The application in consolidated Docket Nos. 17-06003 and 17-06004 identifies two alternative rate structures.
The first alternative requested by NV Energy proposes no change in total annual revenue requirement, but does revise rates between some, but not all, classes of customers. Under this alternative, the average monthly single-family residential bill, including the basic service charge, does not change.
The second alternative filed by NV Energy reflects an overall annual revenue increase of $31.8 million, or 1.54 percent. The average monthly single-family residential bill, including a proposed service charge adjustment, is estimated to increase $11.13, or 8.16% under the second alternative in the South. NV Energy in the North proposes to increase the monthly residential electric service charge from $12.75 to a whopping $21.00, and to increase the consumption charge per kilowatt hour from $0.06916 to $0.07176. Based on the evidence presented in the case, the PUCN may adopt rates either higher or lower than the rates proposed by NV Energy.
A subsequent filing (Docket 17-07026) made by NV Energy in conformance with recently-passed legislation, may impact residential and small commercial rates. The PUCN may adopt rates either higher or lower than the rates proposed by NV Energy in that subsequent filing.
The consumer session is scheduled for Thursday, September 14, 2017, at 6 p.m., Bldg A in the County Commission chambers. NV Energy representatives will be present to answer questions about the filing. Representatives of the Nevada Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection (BCP) and PUCN Regulatory Operations Staff also will be present. Public comment will be limited to the contents of the application and may be limited to five minutes per speaker. Hearings on this application start on October 4, 2017.
Please come out to support both these important meetings.
Mark Your Calendars
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Dan Mason Show, also live-streamed at http://www.kkoh.com/. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 8:30-9:00 AM, 1180 AM, Good Government Forum: Promoting Responsible Government, One Issue at a Time. Host: Mon Bertolucci, uncovering the waste, fraud, abuse, corruption and extortion of government. Listen Online: www.AmericaMatters.us
* Every Wednesday, 4:00-5:45 PM, Scheels Meeting Room (Upstairs). Constitution Study Group, Contact D.J. Jones, [email protected]
* Every Thursday, 11:00-1:00 PM, Conversations from the Capitol, with Tom Taber, Len Semas, Randy Lloyd, Elizabeth Purtee and Guests, 1180 AM. Re-broadcast on Saturdays, 6:00-8:00 am on 1180 AM, 3:30-5:00 pm Saturday on 99.1 FM & 5:00-7:00 pm Sunday on 99.1 FM. If you have a special issue or want to be on the radio to broadcast an event or an issue, call Tom Taber directly at 775-329-5028 to schedule it.
* Every Thursday, 1:00-2:00 pm, Good Government Forum on 1180 AM, Promoting Responsible Government, One Issue at a Time. Host: Mon Bertolucci, uncovering the waste, fraud, abuse, corruption and extortion of government. Listen Online: www.AmericaMatters.us
* Every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 pm, CEO Business Mind on 1180 AM with Joe Morabito. Re-broadcast over the weekend on 99.1 FM. Check local listings. Or follow Joe’s blog, ceobusinessmind.com.
* Every Thursday, 3:30-5:30 PM, Current Events, where the discussion centers around news, headlines, politics. No subject is off limits. All participants are respectful of others and all are welcome. Del Webb Aspen Lodge, Questions? Contact Larry Newman, 775-322-5141.
* Tue, Sept 12, 2:00 pm, Washoe County School Board meeting, 425 E. 9th St. This is an important meeting to show up for and speak out against psychological testing of students K-8 without parental consent or a way to opt-out. Come early as parking is always a problem. SEE BELOW
* Tue, Sept 12, 5:15 pm, The Club at Arrowcreek, The Hayek Group. Program: Jeff Jones discussing why our educational system is failing. $35 w/ reservations; $40 at door. For reservations, go to https://thehayekgroup.wildapricot.org/events?mc_cid=449af81870&mc_eid=90dbf8fe3b
* Thur, Sept 14, 6:00 pm, Public Utilities Commission Consumer Session, 1001 E. 9th (9th & Wells), Bldg A in the County Commission chambers. SEE BELOW
* Sat, Sept 16, 10-12 noon, GOP HQ Annex, WCRCC Precinct Training. RSVP: Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811 or [email protected]. Help MAKE WASHOE COUNTY RED AGAIN!
* Tue, Sept 19, 5:30 pm, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: Tyrus Cobb will be discussing the current national security crisis. $35/members w/reservations. Go to www.republicanmensclub.org for info and reservations. $5 more without a reservation.
* Fri-Sat-Sun, Sept 22-24, Best Western Airport Plaza, Nevada State Parliamentary Society meeting
* Sat, Sept 23, 8:30 AM-all day, CCW training, GOP HQ Annex. Limited to 25. $50 includes lunch and testing. RSVP a must to Paul Jackson, [email protected].
* Sat, Sept 23, Las Vegas, Annual Nevada Firearms Coalition meeting
* Wed, Sept. 27, 11:30-1:30, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL), King Buffet. Call Carole erg, 775-622-9811 with any questions or desire to be on the agenda.
* Thur, Sept 28, 6:30 pm, Washoe County Republican Central Committee meeting. Location TBD.
* Sat, Sept 30, 6:00-9:00 PM, The Great Gatsby Event, Marshall Mansion, 2301 Lakeside Drive. This is a Washoe County GOP elegant and fun fundraiser. Period costumes, Hors d’oeurvres, Charleston dancing, tour an historic site. $60/pp until 9/11, then $75. Reservations: www.washoegop.org or mail check to Washoe GOP, 3652 S. Virginia, Ste. C-8, Reno 89502.
1) School Board meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:00 PM, 425 E. 9th St. (9th & Evans)
John Eppolito has been asking questions at School Board meetings for months now. He has written emails and asked questions about psychological assessments being done in Washoe schools now. There needs to be a whole bunch of us taking issue with the School Board for continuing this deleterious practice of psych. assessment, which is designed purely for the reason of being able to categorize kids and put them in “appropriate” classrooms and track them from K-12, through college and into the workforce. Here is the WCSD agenda for Thursday’s meeting.
Here are the questions John Eppolito is asking that won’t be answered:
In addition it appears they will continue to give psychological assessments (including the DESSA) to children without parental consent.
If you can’t show up, it is important to EMAIL THE BOARD MEMBERS AND ASK THEM TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS or ask them why they are continuing with psych assessments:
NPR: ‘World Without Mind’: How Tech Companies Pose An Existential Threat. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwvubGgTo
Old news but still timely because it is happening right now.
I used to be called a conspiracy theorist and I would reply, there is no theory.